In continuing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins University, through a gift from the Bentivoglio Family Foundation, is funding grants to support clinical or translational projects focused on post-acute COVID-19 Syndrome. Solicitation, review and awarding of grants is managed by staff of the Division of Infectious Diseases.
To provide funds for clinical or translational research focused on understanding the incidence and long-term prognosis of late sequelae in persons with mild, moderate, and severe COVID-19 diseases, identify the underlying pathology, and develop evidence-based treatments.
- Maximum three project will be funded, up to $50,000 USD each.
- The grant period is 12 months, with a possible 12-month no-cost time extension upon review.
- All Johns Hopkins University full-time faculty members with a terminal degree are encouraged to apply.
- Proposals must be clinical or translational human research. Basic science or laboratory-based research or animal study approaches will only be considered if clearly a part of a clinical or translational research project.
- All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to review the PAC19SDF Application Guidelines 2021 before preparing a grant application.
|RFA Release||January 25, 2021|
|Application package submission deadline||February 22, 2021|
|Proposal review period||March 1 – March 15, 2021|
|Award Notification||March 29, 2021|
|Transfer of funds to PI||April 1, 2021|
Application submission deadline Monday, February 22, 2021, 11:59 PM
Submit the entire application package via email, PAC19SDF@jhmi.edu
2021 Document Library
- Guidelines Post-acute COVID-19 Syndrome Discovery Fund PAC19SDF 2021
- PAC19SDF Application 2021 v2
- PAC19SDF Budget Template 2021 (Right click, Open link in new tab, Click on the document located in the lower left corner of the window)
Application Package Contents to Submit for Review
- Completed PAC19SDF application form
- Biosketch or résumé of all 1) co-investigators and 2) staff receiving salary support
- Letters of support from collaborators and research partners
- Budget, on the Excel budget template
- Written justification of subcontracts, salary requests, or laboratory supply requests exceeding 50% of the monetary award, if necessary