In continuing response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Johns Hopkins University, through a gift from the Bentivoglio Family Foundation, is funding grants to support clinical or translational projects focused on SARS-CoV-2 vaccines. Solicitation, review and awarding of grants is managed by staff of the Division of Infectious Diseases.
To provide funds for clinical or translational research to optimize community vaccine uptake and understand vaccine safety and effectiveness in persons underrepresented in the initial clinical trials of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines, such as persons of under-represented minority, ethnic, or social groups, pregnant women, persons with prior severe allergic reactions, immunosuppressed patients, and children.
To provide funds for clinical or translational research of survivors of COVID-19 for whom the risks and benefits of SARS-CoV-2 vaccines are incompletely understood, particularly in those individuals with ongoing signs and symptoms.
To provide funds for clinical or translational research to understand the virologic and immunologic correlations of protection from disease, prevention of transmission and vaccine response duration with different SARS-CoV-2 vaccines (e.g., mRNA, adenoviruses platforms, and others)
- Maximum three project will be funded, up to $50,000 USD each.
- The grant period is 12 months, with a possible 12-month no-cost time extension upon review.
- All Johns Hopkins University full-time faculty members with a terminal degree are encouraged to apply.
- Proposals must be clinical or translational human research. Basic science or laboratory-based research or animal study approaches will only be considered if clearly a part of a clinical or translational research project.
- All interested applicants are strongly encouraged to review the C19VRF Application Guidelines 2021 before preparing a grant application.
|RFA release||January 25, 2021|
|Application package submission deadline||February 22, 2021|
|Proposal review period||March 1 – March 15, 2021|
|Award notification||March 29, 2021|
|Transfer of funds to PI||April 1, 2021|
Application submission deadline Monday, February 22, 2021, 11:59 PM
Submit the entire application package via email, C19VRF@jhmi.edu
2021 Document Library
- Guidelines COVID-19 Vaccine-related Research Fund C19VRF 2021
- C19VRF Application 2021 v2
- C19VRF Budget Template 2021 (Right click, Open link in new tab, Click on the document located in the lower left corner of the window)
Application Package Contents to Submit for Review
- Completed C19VRF application form
- Biosketch or résumé of all 1) co-investigators and 2) staff receiving salary support
- Letters of support from collaborators and research partners
- Budget, on the Excel budget template
- Written justification of subcontracts, salary requests, or laboratory supply requests exceeding 50% of the monetary award, if necessary